Located in the heart of the DOC
zone of the Colli Orientali
of Friuli and built at the end
of the sixteenth century,
Volpe Pasini is one of the
oldest wineries in North East Italy.
The heart of the complex, with its offices and the cellar is comprised of a heritage villa, dating from 1596 and a complex of buildings which surround the villa. Inside the property of 20,000 square metres is found the centuries old park and a small vineyard of Ribolla Gialla, which recalls the wine vocation of Volpe Pasini. Dating from the seventeenth century there are documents which testify to the wine production on the property. The company since then has always expressed a purely agricultural vocation, and in the second half of the twentieth century it became exclusively wine producing. During the 70’s along with other “pioneering producers”, Volpe Pasini carried Fruilian winemaking into Italy and the world. Leaving behind the logic of wines in demijohns, they concentrated their energies into the research for excellence and into the close examination of new outlets in the international markets (above all USA and Germany). Now days Volpe Pasini sells 50% of its wines outside Italy, through a solid commercial network more than thirty years old. Today Volpe Pasini is more vital and competitive than before, having found once again the solid base and the innovative willingness which has made it, during the past decades, one of the most important wineries of Friuli Venezia Giulia.